Thursday, August 26, 2010

Migraines, ugh

The nice part about my pregnancy is that I don't get morning sickness - yay for not puking! But the crappy part is I get TERRIBLE migraines. Yesterday I knew one was coming. I was at work and I felt it. It's like when you are about to throw up and your heart starts to pound, yeah that's me....well minus the throw up and the heart pounding. Any way, it was coming. But I had my last sewing class so I had to go. I have also had this total nervous thing about me where I don't want to hurt the baby so I try not to take medicine. So I drank some water and went to my class. Now remember I can't sew. Well at class we were learning about "aplique" and "piping" and "fagoting and bundling." I was just thinking 'my head hurts' 'this sucks' 'I don't get this' 'why can't this store have AC' 'fagoting and bundling sounds terrible' 'seriously no AC'. I could tell the teacher was frustrated with me because I kept asking questions. Then she asked me to literally take apart my machine for something and I got so frustrated that I packed up and left. I GAVE UP!!! I said goodbye and that I wasn't feeling good and I left. Then I pathetically got in the car and I LOST IT! I started balling! I felt like a failure that I couldn't sew. I called my mommy. She is the ultimate quilter and I told her she needed to teach me. And since I am going to visit her in Connecticut next month she will!

I felt better about sewing but I still had this migraine. So last night I go to bed without taking any headache medication. I thought that sleeping it off would work because it usually does. Ya. That was until my cute husband had a nightmare/couldn't breath moment. He jumped up in the bed at about 2:30 am. He was pretty much growling, that's the only way to explain it. He has these types of nightmares a lot but this one was really loud and it freaked me out. I said "Josh wake up you are dreaming go back to bed" and he said "you need to wake up. You need to leave." I always laugh at the crazy things he says. Like one time he woke up and pulled the blanket over my face and said "the spiders are going to fall on your face." At least he tried to protect me right? Cute husband! Well last night after he growled my heart started racing like crazy and my head was pounding and that was it. I couldn't sleep. So I woke up with the headache and finally took medication.

I wish I could record his dreams. The point of this post. Migraines suck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment