Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Landon Campbell Knell




That's right, it is a boy! We will be naming him Landon Campbell Knell. But lets start at the beginning of today's doctor appointment. Josh and I decided that we would invite his parents, Allie and Roger to come along. Some of you have met my mother-in-law so any explanation is not needed for her comments during the ultra sound. For those of you that do not know my mother-in-law, she is a very funny lady. She is a tall loud woman who is noticed the second she walks in to the room. She says crazy things at any point during a conversation (or not during a conversation). Basically she is crazy but I love her.

So today our ultrasound appointment was at 10:40 am. Josh and I drove over together and I said "if this is a girl will you be disappointed and he said "no way I will be so excited." Allie and Roger met us at the office and we all went back in to the room with the ultrasound which is hooked up to a huge a 42" screen.

The doctor comes in and says hi to everyone in the room. He put the jelly on my belly and then up comes a baby. The first thing he shows us is the umbilical cord. The next thing he brings up is a shot right between the legs which was definitely a sure sign of a boy. Then my mother-in-law jumps in and says "Doctor that is a pretty big penis, right?" We all start laughing so the doctor said he would measure it for her and it was only 1 cm long. He is looking around some more and every couple of minutes Allie would say, "what a beautiful face he has." Then the doctor "grandma that is not the face." Then when it was finally the face "he looks like Josh!" "that is Josh's head." We all couldn't stop laughing at her. Then the doctor brought up the spine then she said "oh it is all there, I counted." At one point the doctor said something and Allie said "Are you sure about that doctor?" Little did we all know that Allie was an OBGYN. Then the penis again "I have seen his penis 3 times." Then the foot "I think his penis is bigger than his foot" and then the doctor said "if the penis was bigger than his foot we would have a little situation." It was hysterical.

We were all very excited and so happy to have the first grandson. Josh called my dad and he was very excited to have another grandson. We were given a DVD from our ultrasound which Josh has already watched like 15 times. He is so excited to have a little guy. Allie and Roger were so excited that they went right out and bought us a BYU bib! It is so stinking cute!

We showed the family the ultrasound video today and that was very exciting. Josh admitted he would have been a little disappointed if it was a girl. But I can't blame him, he really wanted his little guy first so I think I might have had a twinge of disappointment as well.

We are just so happy! We were so happy that Josh's parents came. Allie made the whole thing so much fun! She will be such a great grandma. Landon is going to be spoiled. Landon, my son. SO CRAZY!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I need to meet this woman she sounds AMAZING! I laughed through out your whole post! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats!!! Now we can go shopping together! I won't ever ever ever buy anything BYU though sorry! UTES all the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. Landon is a way way cute name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! he is adorable, I can already tell. your mil sounds too cute

    ReplyDelete