Monday, August 2, 2010

Kelly Frye Glasser

Four years ago I started volunteering at the Guardian ad Litem's Office as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA). On my very first case I worked with a 17 year old girl and the Guardian ad Litem for that girl was Kelly Frye Glasser. I got to know Kelly through that case. Then 2 years later I applied for the job as the CASA Coordinator and was hired in to the best office I have ever worked with. Our office became like a second family to me. It has been a great almost 2 years at the Guardian ad Litem's Office.

Yesterday on August 1, 2010 my dear friend and coworker Kelly died along with her husband in a kayaking accident. It is such a tragic loss. It kept me up all night last night and I have shed so many tears over my dear friend today. She left a 14 year old daughter and a son in his 20's.

She was so funny. She had the greatest personality. I would come home and tell Josh all about the crazy stories that Kelly had told us that day. She made me laugh. She made me feel better about the job I was doing. I felt like she was one of my biggest fans in the office when it came to CASA.

Today our office yielded about 50 phone calls from all different types of organizations and people expressing their condolences. It blew me away to see the out pouring of love for Kelly. She left a huge impression on our community.

It feels unreal still. I don't think it has fully hit me yet that I will never see her again. At least she went with her husband and they were doing the thing they loved, kayaking. I love you Kelly and I will always miss you. You touched my life even when I didn't realize you were doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Dee! I am so sorry. What a heartache! Prayers and love to you and their family and all your co-workers. Such a sad, sad thing.

    ReplyDelete