Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jason's Deli

So Josh and I LOVE Jason's Deli. It is pretty yummy. We decided last week that we were going to go for family night, Monday, so we decided to ask Josh's parents to come with us because they had never tried it and we wanted them to experience the yumminess. They said yes to coming and they brought Josh's sister Becca as well. Josh was so excited to get his cheese and broccoli soup in a bread bowl and then to have his twisted cone. We all arrived at Jason's Deli and I looked at the soup menu and no cheese and broccoli. Josh was so sad. He decided to do a something else with a bread bowl. No bread bowls. Even more sad. He settled for chicken alfredo and I did the salad bar. My mother-in-law was also looking forward to the bread bowl. No bread bowls. How about chicken pot pie?? No chicken pot pie. My father-in-law wanted a pot roast sandwich. No pot roast. Creamy soups? NOOOOOO. They were out of almost everything. I was really embarrassed. They each eventually found something and then we all sat down.

We ate our foods and then I decided it was time for my ice cream. I jokingly said watch them be out of ice cream. Well........ They had ice cream, but just chocolate and I wanted a twist cone. You can mess with the bread bowls and the soup but if you mess with a pregnant woman's ice cream, there will be no mercy. I went right up to the counter and told the manager "you are out of ice cream." She laughs like this is the best joke she has ever heard - and says "ya I know." I respond with "well what are you going to do to compensate us for being out of everything?" She then says "well what are we out of." I laugh like this is the best joke I have ever heard "all your creamy soups, bread bowls, pot roast, chicken pot pie, and my freaking ice cream (well I didn't really say freaking)." She shrugged and I said "give us a gift card." I have NEVER done that before. I have never told some one to give me something for free because of a bad experience, it must have been the hormones. She said "I guess I can do that" and walks away. I went to sit back down and I see her waive the cashier to our table. She didn't even have the nerve to come apologize. But we did get a gift card, hehehe. I gave it to my in-laws because I really do love their food so I want them to experience it when they actually have the things they would like.

Well this morning I was still ticked. So I decided to write an email to the corporate office. I told them what happened I even said she gave us a gift card but that I was still upset. Then this afternoon I had a voice message. It was from the owner of all the Jason's Delis in Utah and he said he was very concerned with my email and he wanted to speak to me about my experience. He said if he had to he would let some one go over this. That was NOT my intention so I called him back. Such a nice guy. He apologized profusely and told me that he was so sorry. I told him that I gave the gift card to my in-laws so that hopefully one day they come back. Well then he tells me that he wants to give me a FEW gift cards. WHAT??? I need to complain more often!! So he got my address and he will be giving me some free gift cards! Oh and no one will be fired, he said she is actually quitting. She better run cause if there is no ice cream next time, some body will pay.

2 comments:

  1. DEE!! So funny! Don't mess with a prego girl and her food!! Glad it got all worked out, well sort of! Next time you go let us know because we like that place too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so irritating. I took Blue and his friend out to dinner in Lava and they were out of everything. I didn't complain though, I guess it might help to be pregnant....darn, maybe I could have gotten a certificate.

    ReplyDelete